LOCATION: John H. Stroger Hospital
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address : MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email . An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
The Attending Physician XII in the Department of Gastroenterology (GI) is responsible for patient care especially in relation to GI and Liver Disorders. Performs and supervises GI procedures. Participates in the education of Residents and Fellows.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
· Working knowledge and experience with all aspects of Gastroenterology and Liver Disorders
· Skill to communicate effectively in order to exchange and/or provide information and/or direction to staff and/or direction to staff and others
· Must have the ability to provide supervision and leadership to fellows and residents, attendings, nursing and other support staff within the division.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged
· Ability to follow hospital protocol when exposed to noise, chemicals, disease, blood borne pathogens, patient violence and procedural injuries
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
· Basic Term Life Insurance
· Pension Plan
· Deferred Compensation Program
· Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
· You also may qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :