Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt is a leader in treating digestive disorders. We use the most advanced techniques and technology in the region. Our pioneering research, highly trained providers and dedicated staff have led U.S. News and World Report to rank us among the top 25 digestive disease centers in America.
Our diagnostic and treatment center is absolutely state-of-the-art. Our highly specialized physicians and advanced nurse practitioners are experts in diagnosing and treating digestive disorders. We work with other specialists at Vanderbilt to find the best treatments for our patients, so you can count on receiving excellence in complete care here.
Monday – Friday; Days.
· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
· Patient intake
· Medication review
· Room patients
· Patient teaching for GI specific lab tests and symptom management
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
· Active LPN license is required prior to your hire date; however, you may apply for this position prior to taking the NCLEX but licensure is required before you can begin employment.
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· Experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Participates in the development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously, prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved. CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and timely manner. CLINICAL COMPETENCY (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):