A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a
physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of
Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job
functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Direct patient to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures, complete H&Ps and take vitals
5. Assist physician with procedures as directed, when necessary, remove sutures and apply steri-strips, collect, label and document specimens and
transport to laboratory for frozen sections, log all biopsy results; send copy to appropriate physician. Mix medications, give injections and is competent
6. Instruct patients in all appropriate procedures
7. Maintain, clean and/or sterilize medical equipment and instruments
8. Utilize electronic health record for patient work-ups and tasks assigned
9. Order and maintain inventories of supplies; set up stock areas for daily use; clean exam rooms between patient visits
10. Evaluate daily schedules to accommodate patient flow; obtain necessary charts and charge tickets
11. Post test results and physician dictation in patient charts; complete charge tickets, if necessary
12. Receive chart requests and arrange transfer to other clinic departments
13. Perform other tasks as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited nursing program.
2 years of clinical in a physician office.
Current State LVN/LPN license and CPR certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.