Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
In keeping with the Vanderbilt century-long tradition of excellence in patient care, our approach to treatment uses careful assessment and selection to offer our patients the best long-term results. We employ procedures that our research and clinical experience have proven reliable, and we aggressively seek improved outcomes for our patients by integrating effective new procedures. The staff of the Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation Program participate in a comprehensive medical-surgical-radiologic hepatobiliary referral service emphasizing diagnosis and medical management, liver resection, chemoembolization, RF ablation, alcohol injection, portasystemic shunting, TIPS, laparoscopic procedures, biliary bypass and percutaneous stenting as treatment options to liver transplantation.
The Division is organized with a commitment to improve clinical care of these complex patients, to further education in hepatobiliary anatomy and physiology, and to facilitate research in these areas. The clinical activities of the Division encompass close interaction with many other services including gastroenterology (hepatology), invasive radiology, general and oncologic surgery, other transplantation programs, immunology, and the Division of Surgical Research. Members of the faculty participate in cases at the Vanderbilt University Hospital and the VA Medical Center.
In addition to offering a lively community that encourages learning and celebrates diversity, Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides its faculty and staff members with a benefits package that is comprehensive and flexible. Components for benefits-eligible employees include
* Health Plan * Parental Leave * Life Insurance * Retirement * Short-Term Disability * Long-term Disability * Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) * Dental Insurance * Group Discounts * Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) * Vision
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
B ecause we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US