The Clinical GI Coordinator has primary responsibility for coordinating Open Access Colonoscopy procedures at participating MemorialCare Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs). This program allows for timely and streamlined access for patients who are due for a colon cancer screening procedure. This position will regularly identify and screen patients due for a colonoscopy and ensure they are appropriate candidates for this procedure. The Coordinator will also coordinate activities related to scheduling the patient for this procedure in collaboration with Providers and Medical/Quality Management teams.
* Minimum of an Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school. Must be licensed as an LVN or MA.
* Minimum three (3) years’ clinical experience with demonstrated competence in all aspects of patient care.
* Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
* Excellent interpersonal communication (one-on-one, and group) and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Prior experience documenting in an electronic medical/health record required