Add to Calendar2019-09-20 08:00:002019-09-21 11:15:00Emerging Topic Conference: The Genomics Revolution
The conference will focus on genomics and the changing approach to diagnostics, management and research in adult and pediatric liver diseases.
Arlington, VA 22202
Add to Calendar2019-10-04 08:00:002019-10-05 14:00:00AASLD / EASL ALD Conference
This meeting will bridge critical gaps in ALD diagnosis, management and clinical trial design.
1 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Add to Calendar2019-11-08 09:00:002019-11-12 14:00:00The Liver Meeting
The Liver MeetingÂ® is the annual must-attend event bringing together 9,500 attendees from around the world to exchange the latest research, discuss new developments in treatment outcomes, and network with other experts in the field.
Add to Calendar2019-12-14 08:00:002019-12-15 17:00:00TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium: HBV Elimination
Doctors Anna S. Lok and K. Rajender Reddy will join Dr. Jia-Horng Kao and other faculty from Taiwan to host the first TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium as part of the TASL (Taiwan Association for the Study of the Liver) Annual Meeting, December 14-15, 2019 in Taipei.
Beitou District, Taipei City
Add to Calendar2020-03-20 08:00:002020-03-21 15:00:00Emerging Topic Conference: Nuclear Receptors as Common Clinical Targets for the Treatment of Cholestatic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases
More information is coming soon.
LiverLearningÂ® is the official eLearning portal of AASLD. Users can access educational resources by topic, speaker, event, and content type â€” including video, audio, and slide decks. Continuing education (CME/CE credits and MOC points) is available for a variety of enduring materials on the portal. All current AASLD members automatically receive complete access to LiverLearningÂ®, and non-members can purchase access for one year with a subscription.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner University Medical Center Transplant Institute is Arizona's most experienced transplant center, providing comprehensive care to adult patients in pre and post-transplant acute clinics for heart, lung, liver, and kidney/pancreas transplant, as well as, long term follow up on the transplant recipient. As part of the Banner Health Academic Medical Division we offer Transplant Services in Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our Transplant Institute prides itself on delivering compassionate, quality care to our patients and families leading to successful, optimal outcomes. Performing over 450 transplants per year, our programs are poised for continued growth!
This is a salaried, day shift opportunity working either 5/8s or 4/10s.
* $10,000 Sign-On Bonus offered to candidates with 3 years clinical nursing experience; at least two of those years in a clinical specialty area such as ICU, PCU, CM, OR, ED, Dialysis, Oncology or Telemetry with a 2 year commitment.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides comprehensive management and coordination of care for patients requiring kidney, pancreas, liver, heart, lung or Stem Cell Transplantation The level and intensity of care coordination provided is situational and appropriate based on patient need and payor requirements.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Manages individual patients across the transplant health care continuum to achieve optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes. Facilitates, coordinates, and monitors pre-transplant evaluations, the care of the transplant candidate awaiting transplantation, the care of the transplant recipient post transplant in the outpatient clinic. Facilitates and coordinates the care of the living donor for evaluation, donation and long term follow-up. Collaborates effectively with the interdisciplinary team to plan and implement the patient's treatment plan, utilizing effective oral and written communication.
2. Facilitates the safe, equitable and timely placement of donor organs in conjunction with the donor procurement agency on a 24 hour on call basis in accordance with the regulatory agencies. Possesses advanced knowledge of OPTN/UNOS regulations and allocation policies. Collects and communicates patient information necessary for decision making regarding organ acceptance/rejection for transplant with the organ procurement agency and transplant surgeon. Reviews potential recipient's current medical status to determine eligibility for transplant. Demonstrates advanced prioritization and critical thinking skills in order to contact/locate patient(s), arrange admission and pre-surgery procedures, schedule surgery and the surgery team, and educate patient/family.
3. Interprets and administrates current payor contracts to best meet the financial needs of the patient and program while maximizing facility and program reimbursement. Possesses integral knowledge of multiple payor contracts. Applies this knowledge to assure that services being furnished to the patients are in compliance with contract stipulations. Obtains appropriate transplant authorizations for services rendered for each phase of the transplant.
4. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, third party payers, and other members of the health care team, utilizing effective oral and written communication. Serves as a resource to payors, health care providers, patients, physicians and their office staff for the referral of patients or re-directs to alternate transplant programs as required by insurance constraints. Educates other health care providers, payors and patients on concepts of managed care, managed care networks, transplant networks, individual care policies as it pertains to solid organ transplant.
5. Serves as a resource to the community, patients, family members, potential living donors, primary care physicians and payers regarding the transplant process. Develops and presents education and marketing programs. Participates in community and professional education efforts to promote transplantation and organ donation.
6. Participates in the transplant program's quality assurance program. Evaluates current processes, identifies need for change and implements change via process improvement projects to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational and satisfaction outcomes. Acts as a change agent by continually monitoring processes to identify opportunities for improvement. Implements change through a multi-disciplinary work group process.
7. Internal customers include patients, families, transplant surgeons, transplant interdisciplinary team, management, nursing and medical staff, and other members of the hospital interdisciplinary health care team. External customers include referring physicians and office staff, laboratories, third party payers, pharmacies, community agencies, provider networks, and regulatory agencies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires current RN license in state of practice.
Requires a minimum of three years clinical nursing experience; at least two of those years in a clinical specialty area such as ICU, PCU, CM, OR, ED, Dialysis, Oncology or Telemetry. Must have a working knowledge of care management, resource/utilization management, and hospital and community resources. Must demonstrate clinical proficiency in the care of transplant patients. Requires critical thinking skills to effectively coordinate a large volume of patients simultaneously. Must demonstrate problem-solving abilities, effective oral and written communication skills, and time management skills. Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team format.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R19120
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.