Add to Calendar2019-09-20 08:00:002019-09-21 11:15:00Emerging Topic Conference: The Genomics Revolution
The conference will focus on genomics and the changing approach to diagnostics, management and research in adult and pediatric liver diseases.
Arlington, VA 22202
Add to Calendar2019-10-04 08:00:002019-10-05 14:00:00AASLD / EASL ALD Conference
This meeting will bridge critical gaps in ALD diagnosis, management and clinical trial design.
1 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Add to Calendar2019-11-08 09:00:002019-11-12 14:00:00The Liver Meeting
The Liver MeetingÂ® is the annual must-attend event bringing together 9,500 attendees from around the world to exchange the latest research, discuss new developments in treatment outcomes, and network with other experts in the field.
Add to Calendar2019-12-14 08:00:002019-12-15 17:00:00TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium: HBV Elimination
Doctors Anna S. Lok and K. Rajender Reddy will join Dr. Jia-Horng Kao and other faculty from Taiwan to host the first TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium as part of the TASL (Taiwan Association for the Study of the Liver) Annual Meeting, December 14-15, 2019 in Taipei.
Beitou District, Taipei City
Add to Calendar2020-03-20 08:00:002020-03-21 15:00:00Emerging Topic Conference: Nuclear Receptors as Common Clinical Targets for the Treatment of Cholestatic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases
More information is coming soon.
LiverLearningÂ® is the official eLearning portal of AASLD. Users can access educational resources by topic, speaker, event, and content type â€” including video, audio, and slide decks. Continuing education (CME/CE credits and MOC points) is available for a variety of enduring materials on the portal. All current AASLD members automatically receive complete access to LiverLearningÂ®, and non-members can purchase access for one year with a subscription.
Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Hip Replacement and Knee Replacement (Joint Commission)
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
GWTG Gold Plus with Honor Roll Elite and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll Achievement, 2020 (American Heart Association)
One of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (Women’s Choice Award)
One of America's Best Hospitals for Stroke Centers, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (Women’s Choice Award)
One of America's Best Hospitals for Orthopedics, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (Women’s Choice Award)
One of America's Best Hospitals for Patient Safety, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 (Women’s Choice Award)
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A, Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020 (Leapfrog)
Leapfrog Top General Hospital, Fall 2018, Fall 2019, Fall 2020 (Leapfrog)
US News & World Reports High Performing Hospital CHF & COPD (2019-2020)
America's 250 Best Hospital's Award (2021) (Healthgrades)
Life style activities and community growth
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking, specimen collection as needed; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
• Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to established procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as Institutional policies
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with established procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
• Provides orientation and training to new employees and medical technology students as needed, under the direction of the lab leadership. May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned. Appropriately documents orientation and training of new employees and medical technology students.
• Provides guidance to technicians and support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and support education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested. Facilitates workflow when necessary
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area
• Participates in the evaluation of new laboratory techniques and procedures. Assists with data collection and special projects, as assigned. Assists in the documentation and submission of required laboratory, departmental, and staff statistics/reports
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• Associates’ degree in chemical, physical or biological science or medical laboratory or equivalent education and training
• Must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
• Appropriate state licensure as required
The Medical Laboratory Scientist I performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices in the Laboratory. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.