Add to Calendar2019-09-20 08:00:002019-09-21 11:15:00Emerging Topic Conference: The Genomics Revolution
The conference will focus on genomics and the changing approach to diagnostics, management and research in adult and pediatric liver diseases.
Arlington, VA 22202
Add to Calendar2019-10-04 08:00:002019-10-05 14:00:00AASLD / EASL ALD Conference
This meeting will bridge critical gaps in ALD diagnosis, management and clinical trial design.
1 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Add to Calendar2019-11-08 09:00:002019-11-12 14:00:00The Liver Meeting
The Liver MeetingÂ® is the annual must-attend event bringing together 9,500 attendees from around the world to exchange the latest research, discuss new developments in treatment outcomes, and network with other experts in the field.
Add to Calendar2019-12-14 08:00:002019-12-15 17:00:00TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium: HBV Elimination
Doctors Anna S. Lok and K. Rajender Reddy will join Dr. Jia-Horng Kao and other faculty from Taiwan to host the first TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium as part of the TASL (Taiwan Association for the Study of the Liver) Annual Meeting, December 14-15, 2019 in Taipei.
Beitou District, Taipei City
Add to Calendar2020-03-20 08:00:002020-03-21 15:00:00Emerging Topic Conference: Nuclear Receptors as Common Clinical Targets for the Treatment of Cholestatic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases
More information is coming soon.
LiverLearningÂ® is the official eLearning portal of AASLD. Users can access educational resources by topic, speaker, event, and content type â€” including video, audio, and slide decks. Continuing education (CME/CE credits and MOC points) is available for a variety of enduring materials on the portal. All current AASLD members automatically receive complete access to LiverLearningÂ®, and non-members can purchase access for one year with a subscription.
RN Emergency Department Nights 32 hours Up to $20K Sign On
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 2105032374
SIGN ON BONUS
15K - less than 2 years of relevent experience, 20K- 2+ years of relevant experience
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management, performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler, Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's. *Demonstrates clinical judgment in assigning duties to nursing staff consistent with documented level of competency. Participates in unit based quality control initiatives, identifies opportunities for performance improvement, and takes appropriate action.*
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings, and other related activities. Collaborates with members of interdisciplinary team to facilitate accomplishment of unit objectives in the provision of quality care and service to patients, families, physicians, and payers. Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in making decisions. Takes responsibility for patient care assignments.* Maintains currency with nursing skills and knowledge base.
3. RESOURCE UTILIZATION: Selects and utilizes appropriate teaching tools and/or makes requests for new tools. Collaborates effectively with the multidisciplinary team; i.e., physicians, diabetic educator, pastoral care, interpreters, social workers, case managers, wound care nurses, and community resource groups and services, to benefit the patient. Utilizes appropriate unit-based resource nurses for assistance as appropriate.
4. DOCUMENTATION: Completes documentation using approved MWMC forms according to established legal and MWMC policy and procedure. Includes, but is not limited to, SNAP tool, patient teaching forms, PIE notes, CBE notations, and incident forms. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
5. COMMUNICATION/THERAPEUTIC RELATIONSHIPS; Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families face to face, using the telephone, or with written adjuncts. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate. *Remains informed of discharge plans. Encourages open communication to foster a positive, professional environment. Incorporates the care model into patient care. Utilizes systems to remain apprised of patient status/needs and of facilitating information to physicians and oncoming shifts.*
6. TEACHING/COACHING SKILLS: Provides patient/family teaching using a variety of audio-visual aids and written instructional materials. Uses child/adult learning principles in teaching. Provides mini in-services to new staff as appropriate. Supervises new staff in skills. Is accessible and responsive to other staff. Identifies opportunities to offer support to staff.
1. Patient care environment. Moderate to heavy lifting; prolonged standing and walking; bending and stooping. Potential contact with blood and body fluids.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the position.
*Additional duties when Charge Nurse role assumed
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Minimum of six months to one year of experience in specialty area preferred.
3. BLS, ACLS, and PALS required from the American Heart Association
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
If Other Shift, Specify: Every Other Holiday and Weekend Required / flex
Shift Begin: 11:00 PMShift End: 7:00 AM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.