Add to Calendar2019-09-20 08:00:002019-09-21 11:15:00Emerging Topic Conference: The Genomics Revolution
The conference will focus on genomics and the changing approach to diagnostics, management and research in adult and pediatric liver diseases.
Arlington, VA 22202
Add to Calendar2019-10-04 08:00:002019-10-05 14:00:00AASLD / EASL ALD Conference
This meeting will bridge critical gaps in ALD diagnosis, management and clinical trial design.
1 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Add to Calendar2019-11-08 09:00:002019-11-12 14:00:00The Liver Meeting
The Liver MeetingÂ® is the annual must-attend event bringing together 9,500 attendees from around the world to exchange the latest research, discuss new developments in treatment outcomes, and network with other experts in the field.
Add to Calendar2019-12-14 08:00:002019-12-15 17:00:00TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium: HBV Elimination
Doctors Anna S. Lok and K. Rajender Reddy will join Dr. Jia-Horng Kao and other faculty from Taiwan to host the first TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium as part of the TASL (Taiwan Association for the Study of the Liver) Annual Meeting, December 14-15, 2019 in Taipei.
Beitou District, Taipei City
Add to Calendar2020-03-20 08:00:002020-03-21 15:00:00Emerging Topic Conference: Nuclear Receptors as Common Clinical Targets for the Treatment of Cholestatic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases
More information is coming soon.
LiverLearningÂ® is the official eLearning portal of AASLD. Users can access educational resources by topic, speaker, event, and content type â€” including video, audio, and slide decks. Continuing education (CME/CE credits and MOC points) is available for a variety of enduring materials on the portal. All current AASLD members automatically receive complete access to LiverLearningÂ®, and non-members can purchase access for one year with a subscription.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: NURSE005393
Under general supervision, provides independent acute and/or routine medical care to a specified population. Provides consultation and advice to others as a highly-specialized practitioner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Obtains detailed history and develops patient care charts; performs physical examinations and evaluations on assigned patients; assesses and treats medical problems and provides direct patient care to a specified patient population.
* Assists in providing pre-op and post-op care; writes appropriate orders, including those for narcotics, stimulants, and depressant drugs.
* Notifies attending physician on call, house physician on call, or supervising physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
* Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
* Writes progress notes on patients' charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed; maintains other records as required.
* Provides health education to patients, families and/or community health practitioners and groups; may train and supervise medical residents engaged in specific clinical activities.
* Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
* May perform clinical research related to specific operations.
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
* Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
* Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
* Ability to perform medical examinations using standard medical procedures.
* Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
* Ability to clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners and/or the general public.
* Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
* Knowledge of current and emerging trends in technologies, techniques, issues, and approaches in area of expertise.
* Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories.
* Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
* Knowledge of OR, pre-op and/or post-op procedures.
* Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
* Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
* Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
* Knowledge of primary care principles and practices.
* Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
* Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
Qualifications and Education:
* Master's degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment OR Possession of a Bachelor's degree, together with a certificate from completing an American Medical Association approved physician assistant program. Licensed to practice in NYS.
* Licensing: Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license to practice and use the title of Nurse
Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in NYS or PA
* Possession of state and federal Controlled Substance Registration
* Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
* Possess current advanced certifications as required by clinical practice area/client:(i.e. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP
* Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
* Certification by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) OR certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
* Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
* Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
* Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
* Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
* Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
* Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
* Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
* Health Requirements-- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
* Compliance with Supplemental Health Care's pre-assignment and medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.