Add to Calendar2019-09-20 08:00:002019-09-21 11:15:00Emerging Topic Conference: The Genomics Revolution
The conference will focus on genomics and the changing approach to diagnostics, management and research in adult and pediatric liver diseases.
Arlington, VA 22202
Add to Calendar2019-10-04 08:00:002019-10-05 14:00:00AASLD / EASL ALD Conference
This meeting will bridge critical gaps in ALD diagnosis, management and clinical trial design.
1 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601
Add to Calendar2019-11-08 09:00:002019-11-12 14:00:00The Liver Meeting
The Liver MeetingÂ® is the annual must-attend event bringing together 9,500 attendees from around the world to exchange the latest research, discuss new developments in treatment outcomes, and network with other experts in the field.
Add to Calendar2019-12-14 08:00:002019-12-15 17:00:00TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium: HBV Elimination
Doctors Anna S. Lok and K. Rajender Reddy will join Dr. Jia-Horng Kao and other faculty from Taiwan to host the first TASL-AASLD Joint Symposium as part of the TASL (Taiwan Association for the Study of the Liver) Annual Meeting, December 14-15, 2019 in Taipei.
Beitou District, Taipei City
Add to Calendar2020-03-20 08:00:002020-03-21 15:00:00Emerging Topic Conference: Nuclear Receptors as Common Clinical Targets for the Treatment of Cholestatic and Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Diseases
More information is coming soon.
LiverLearningÂ® is the official eLearning portal of AASLD. Users can access educational resources by topic, speaker, event, and content type â€” including video, audio, and slide decks. Continuing education (CME/CE credits and MOC points) is available for a variety of enduring materials on the portal. All current AASLD members automatically receive complete access to LiverLearningÂ®, and non-members can purchase access for one year with a subscription.
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Team Based Nursing Model
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: 280 PATTERSON RD, Haines City, 33844-Outpatient Wound Care Clinic
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Heart of Florida
AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a licensed 193-bed acute care hospital, coupled with outpatient services including imaging, rehab, lab and wound care, that has been serving the community for over 50 years.
As a part of the AdventHealth network patients will have greater access to a wide range of innovative therapies, new research, leading-edge technology and an extensive team of medical specialists.
High-quality care that has been recognized by the Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association.
Located in Davenport, FL., which is close to major destinations, like Busch Gardens, Legoland, and Walt Disney World, without being located in the central hub of tourism.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
· NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
· NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
· PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
· COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
Graduate of a school of nursing
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Professional certification (Wound Care/Ostomy)
ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.